Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sofia's first verse

About a month ago the girls and I were driving, listening to Rob Biagi. I noticed that Sofia was singing almost ALL the words to "Before I Go." Although it's a fairly simple and repetitive song, I was still amazed at her memory! This got me thinking...if she's able to memorize songs...surely she is able to memorize Bible verses!
Proverbs 29:11 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Mike and I believe that a large part of "training our child(ren)" is Bible memorization. As stated in:
Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."
So, with all this in mind, we began working on 1 John 4:8b, which says, "God is love." It's the first step in what we hope and pray will be a life-long discipline in her (and Olivia's) life: to hide God's word in their hearts!




A little bonus - Sofia sings "The B-I-B-L-E"

0 comments: