Saturday, June 6, 2009

With this ring, I Thee wed...




It's so hard to believe that we said, "I do" 3 years ago (June 4th, 2006)! As I look back over the past 3 years, I can't help but be joyful of all that we have been through together, and how evident the Lord's hand is in every step of our lives. I rejoice in Him for blessing me with such a wonderful husband who is so perfect for me! We continue to seek the Lord in all that we do, and strive to put Him at the center of our marriage.

The wonderful thing about marriage is, it keeps getting better and better with time. I think back to our first few months of marriage, and although they were not as traumatic as I hear some are, it's still a transition to learn how to live with someone else. The longer we are together, the more we learn about each other; how to encourage, love, fight, and pursue one another. My heart joyfully anticipates this next year and all that God will teach us. I pray our marriage would be not only be glorifying to Him, but that it would also be a reflection of Christ and HIS bride (the church). May our love for each other emulate the way that He loves us!

I look forward to this next year because I feel we have better tools to carry out our marriage. As we continue to focus on the Biblical model of marriage and family, it is my prayer that the Lord will bless our efforts. As Mike submits to the leadership of Christ, and yet becomes the head of our family, I ask the Lord to give him strength and resolve to carry out his duties. I ask the Lord for a submissive heart, and that I would better learn how to control my "take charge" attitude.

As we begin this next year of marriage I feel thankful and blessed for my wonderful husband...the Father to my children, head of our house, and my Best Friend! I love you Mikey!! Happy Anniversary!!!

0 comments: